Sunday, March 22, 2009

The New Look and Other Short Stories...

Today, I woke up early, but today, I had a hard time choosing my outfit so that it could go well with my new hairstyle. Well, yes, I cut my hair yesterday afternoon, accompanied by my friend, Susanna at "O Hair Saloon" (which was spelled salon at the billboard). And guess what, the hairstylist was quite laser-tongued. Waiseh~I know I had a funny-shaped head but what can I do about it? I know what I can do about it, go to the hair saloon (which I was doing) cut my hair with quite a round shape at the back to normalize my funny head. Though maybe my funny head shape was due to my wrong sleeping style when I was a baby, what, can a baby know what is the effect of wrong sleeping style? By the way, don't baby prefer comfort more to appearance?

Well, the thing about my experience at the hair saloon was that, the hairstylist was honest, which by the way is a good thing, but he was honest in a harsh way. I am a customer what, I am not here for a free haircut. When Susanna asked him to cut my hair nicely, he told her that since my hair was already not nice and messy, there is no worry about that, and he can simply cut my hair, and it will still be more beautiful than my hair that time. Wa lao eh~ Though I find it amusing, and I damn know that my hair was such a mess, I think that it was kind of inappropriate. If I had a beautiful hair that time, why the crap should I go to the hair saloon? Isn't hair saloon a place for hair makeover? And one more thing which I quite agree with him was that, my hair is very oily. I did not put the oil on purpose, but that was the natural oil coming out of my hair due to the conditioner I used on my hair. He asked me not to use the hair-conditioner anymore and that was the only positiveness that he was showing towards me. After that, that was the end of the episode on my new look from the saloon.

The other thing was that, which is another story, was that I am quite regretful that I did not really connect myself with my close friend. Yesterday, I just know from a friend that my close friend lost her father when she was younger, and I took for granted that both her parents still alive. How can I overlook this one. But the thing was that, my friend kept insisting that she already told me last semester and I was quite sure that she never tell me before, because this is something so sensitive, of course I would remember, don't I? Unless, I lose my memory, which in this case, so out of the way. So, that was not the point. The point here is that, how can I be so NOT observant. No wonder she always talk to her mother, but not her father. I was so busy mentioning about study stuff with her until I overlooked the personal side, which by the way, is so important. So, we kinda made pinkies that we would share our problems and personal stories with each other. :" I am so sorry, my friend, for neglecting the personal bond we should have.

The thing about today was that, it was my senior's ( senior in year, but peer in age,) birthday!! This senior (Stephanie) is a really happy-go-lucky and a person with a great joking skill. She can joke about anything and make you ROFL. The moment she saw my new haircut was that, she said I am wearing a helmet. :D Though being the subject of the joke, I couldn't help laughing. We surprised her at McDonald, and took some pictures there. Too bad I don't have the pictures with me, but I would upload it in the future if I go to the library or when I already get the pictures from my sis.. We were trying to surprise her, and it worked. Woo hoo! She actually thought that we were treating her birthday like any normal day because we did mention about her birthday, but we just buat selamba.. By the way, the movie we watched at the cinema today was kinda nice, "Race to Witch Mountain". Wow, the dialogues were funny.. I recommend this movie to be watched, and oh, the Shopaholic movie is coming soon on April, I can't wait.. I am already a number one fan of Isla Fisher.. ;)

Ah, I still have assignments to rush, so the end of the short-long stories.. ;)

4 comments:

Aiyishelelu said...

Lol.. 2 weeks ago I went cinema alone myself at Gurney Plaza's GSC for watched "Race to Witch Mountain" & "DragonBall" over a Sun nite and last Friday nite I went to watched Hotel For Dogs already haha. all are nice. I also will see "Shopaholic" soon :P

Mad Maureen said...

Wah, haha Sis Nancy.. U already watched so many movies... I only watched a few movies cause i only go after I go back from Mass because that time, the cinema ticket is cheaper..

Aiyishelelu said...

lol.. u can sms me for join cinema if u want someone/somebody accompany u ;)

I am free every night of weekday after work, and also free on whole day of weekend. hehe.

I have been lonely many years in my experience & ordinary life to be "alone" just like home alone and cinema alone and shopping alone and lunch & dinner outside alone also!! haha I would love to have friends' accompany each other sometime.

Mad Maureen said...

Ok, hehe..During the holidays i will sms you.. ;) Cause now i only go out after Mass..