Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Professionalism Turns Personalism for a Moment...

This morning, I attended my last class for this semester. Phew~
But, haiz~ as usual, everytime there have to be something that sabotage my excited spirit this morning. After crossing the road while on the way to the class, I just realized that I forgot to bring my text book and notes, which if I did not bring, then the class would be meaningless because what we were going to learn would revolve around the text book.

So, while scolding myself for under my breath being so careless, I went back to my room again (which by the way is on the top floor) to take my text book and LKM notes. Ah, finally, there lay my (borrowed) LKM text book.. Check, check again whether I got forgot another thing or not..
Ok, alright, all settled.. Down the hostel building I went, and to G03 building I walked.

So, today, during the lesson, my LKM teacher, Cik Aida Shuhaida answered all our quieries on LKM writing format.
Ah, hopefully lah don't fail or write out of topic (which is a common tragedy in my case)
Then, as the lesson went on, she gave us tips on how to remain fresh, and told us that drinking coffee is a good thing to do to remain fresh and awake which will help us to think actively and creatively.

Then, from there, she talked about her brother, who was her idol in her life, who drank coffee to do his revision when he was an undergraduate. Then, I did not remember how, the story led to her personal life, where she mentioned she finally found someone special. Ahem..
And she told us that she was in the right age for that moment to date someone. She always tell us that she's already old when she's not. I think her age is just about 29 years old, and that is young for me. She told us, when she was our age, an undergraduate, she focused wholly on studies (and hinting us to do the same.. but I want to focus on games too, can??)
She said she never been in a relationship when she studied.
But, she said "Kalau nak bercinta tu, bolehlah.. Tapi cinta-cintan ni kat universiti, kekalkah? Cinta kepada ilmulah yang dijamin kekal.. "

Yup, I agree. But the thing is, last time when I was form 6, the teacher kind of suggest us to be in a relationship while in the university because it is the right time. But when at university, the lecturers and teachers here pulak say when graduate and have a stable income baru bercinta.
Ala, but then at work, the boss will be irritated if bercinta cause later not professional. Huh!!
Ok, so whatever they say, I guarantee that I will remain single till, err, some smart cupid comes?

Okay, so cis, I kind of keluar tajuk here. Actually wana talk about my LKM teacher's sharing about her past, pulak-pulak I shared about my boring past. So, before she become a LKM teacher here in USM, she was a supervisor in a company where she had to work from 5 am to 9 pm. So, it was during one fateful night that she was robbed while on the way back home from work. Her family was not rich, her father was a rubber tapper, and then, the sad thing is that he suffered from stroke. She never ask for money from her family, and I kind of respect that attitude. Well, by the way, I also don't ask for money from my parents, but they themselves yang wana give me money.. Hehehe.. But in her case, when I said she did not ask for money, that means she did not receive the money, even a penny.. hehe.. Different from mine..

She worked part time during the weekend while she was a student in USM. She said time management was crucial for her to juggle everything that time. But thank God, now she is living comfortably. Not really in luxury, she added, but enough to support herself and not become the pengemis jalanan.. And she said, the important thing in doing something is your sincerity in doing it. Then God will bless you in your endeavours. That was why when she left her previous work as a supervisor, her employer cried. Dedication and sincerity are crucial quality an employee can have.

Ah, I never thought that someone elegant and poise like Cik Aida is actually tough in the inside. Though she said she is a revengeful person, I think that she is still a sentimental sincere person at heart.

And I guess, she is my new role-model.

In terms of professionalism lah.. hehe...






No comments: