Monday, April 6, 2009

Treasuring My Umbrella..


I always walk alone at night and people around me advised me to not do it often because they say that it's dangerous. That's why I always take extra precaution while walking alone at night at the university. Little did I know that walking under the sunlight doesn't really promise me safety either. Well, I felt this way because on my way to withdraw money today, I saw a snake at the parking space at a building near my hostel, and I felt scared. Real scared. Plus, I brought no protection with me except my umbrella. I guess I can use my umbrella as my defense if I walked there, but I quickly changed my direction though it is a small snake, I could not bear to watch it. The sight of a snake is traumatizing to me. I don't know why this feeling of scared made me think of my family. Well, I guess I know why. They've been protecting me all this while, but when I am alone, I have to be quick in my action to not be blur and know how to protect myself. I really took my family for granted, I realized. How I wish I could let them know that I really need them more than just being my supplier?





I

am sorry

for taking for my family

for granted all this while. Just like

how I treat my belongings with such a rough

manner, like my umbrella. My family, on the other hand, is

like my best quality umbrella, because they protect me from the sunny

hot sun, and the heavy rain. I guess I miss my umbrella so much. I feel

that deep down inside I do need my umbrella though I think I can stand the

heat and the rain and portray an independent image. But actually I need it

more now. I needthe comfort of home,and the messy condition of my bed.Arggh,

I guess Imiss home the most when I have bread and jam for my lunch today. The

more secure we feel when

carrying

big umbrella while

walking under

the confusing weather,

the more

self-conscious

we feel for

carrying the

big umbrella

to everywhere we

went. So uncool,

we might think.

And troublesome,

carrying such

a big umbrella

while going out.

But, it do come in

handy when the

rain falls, isn't it?

Don’t the same

thing applies to

Family?

Sometimes,

We felt

that is

uncool to

walk with

our parents

when going

shopping or

going out

On an outing,

Especially at

this almost

adult age.

We prefer

going out

with our

cool friends.

But at the

same time

we felt

secure, because

we need not

worry about

the outing’s

expenses,

and the transport

even. So,

treasure your

umbrella now,

Before the big

wind and heavy

rain come and

blew it away.




5 comments:

Aiyishelelu said...

Sis Maureen, u must not go out to walk all alone yourself. Of cos in Penang is dangerous. During Christmas and New Year every year is still dangerous when I was stayed at home. My bro advised me before I was surprised to read some bad news which happened in Penang in the newspaper.

U should take a note from people who advised you. Don't be stubborn.
=) =D

Mad Maureen said...

hi, Sis Nancy.. thanks for the advice.. hehe.. yup, i shud take their advice.. hehe. but sometimes no choice to walk alone because of the circumstances.. K, i will try not to be stubborn.. ;)

Hawa said...

ktk nang slalu jak cmya.bila org mdh,ktk akan jwb, "xpa..dh biasa lgpun ada payung bah..".jga2 tau..(^^,)

no wonder u always brought ur umbrella..thats gud..slain mksud tsuratnya utk blindung dr hujan n panas,mksd tsiratnya ada juak,MISS FAMILY...I MISS MY FAMILY TOO(^^,)

Mad Maureen said...

Hehe, Hawa... Ya lah. aku nang seorang yg degil, aku sik tau kenak.. hehehehe.. Dah habit kot.. Hehehehe...

Yup, i always brought my umbrella for protection.. Hehehe.. Seperti my family always protect me.. Yup, especially to us study so far here, we terpaksa korbankan kerinduan terhadap family.. Sabar jak lah kitak miak Sarawak yg merantau jauh ke Pulau Mutiara situk.. Hehehe..

Hawa said...

hehehe...(^^,)
thanks God cz i've u here as my fren..