Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I am Not A Poet...

[Interframe part 1: The date is 29th April 2009, and the time is 12.02 am.]



Dearest Pei Lee,

If you are reading this, I want to let you know that I am thinking of you today. Because today is your significant day. The word significant reminds me of literature, and the word literature reminds me of poem. So here I am, trying to make a poem for you. I know that we both hate to connote the meaning of poems in literature, so the poem I am going to make for you has no connotation, just had the denotation, because 1) We hate making connotations, and 2) I am not a poet.. =)

It's almost a year since we first met,
Though I don't really remember the exact date,
It was during the orientation,
We made our connection,
I am glad I met you,
For if no I would feel blue.


You accept me as I am,

And respect me as your friend.

Though I don't deserve much respects,

From any kind of aspects.

You are a sentimental person,

I know this from my observance.


You always made me feel appreciated,

When I always feel that I am underrated.

So today I made a dedication,

to show you my appreciation.

Happy birthday Pei Lee,
My friend who is
mei lee.. :)

Hope you have a great day because you deserved it, girl!!
And remember to do the legal stuff at the legal age... wo hoo!!
And yes, send my regards to your mother and sister.. (if you are reading this, hi~!)




Yours sincerely,
Maureen (is not a poet)

[Interframe part 2: If you think that this poem doesn't look like a poem, refer to the title of the post.]

Footnote: mei lee is the Chinese word which carries the meaning pretty -->for those who doesn't know the meaning.

2 comments:

Petite Amanda said...

wah!! Maureen!! *claps* well done la ur Poem(yes, to me it IS a poem).. I'm sure she'll be pleased! =)

Mad Maureen said...

Hehe.. Thanks.. ;) So touched.. (;_;) Hmm, she hadn't seen it.. :) And I also hope that she'll like it..