Friday, April 24, 2009

If I Were You, I could do a lot better? -->Easier said than done

Sometimes, it's easy to tell our best friends that "All the guys are blind for not noticing you" and "If I am a guy, I would definitely fall for you." Of course it's easy, because in our real life, we would not experience something that happened like in THE HOT CHICK movie, where a girl ended up switching body with a guy. (Unless, you can prove your statement by changing your gender through all the operation and start chasing your own best friend, whom by the way, will feel odd and nauseating because you were her best friend and you were a girl, and would only remain friends with you, not more than that.) But changing your gender to become a male is a big difference with born as a guy. Get what I mean? I mean, guys have their own hormones and why some guys cannot seem to be sensitive to girls' feelings are just as mysterious as how women are not acting the way they think. Now I feel bad for stereotyping the guys, but oh well, the guys are stereotyping girls too, so I take back the guilty feeling. I hope I can do a research on how guys think and write a best-selling and earn zillions. *Don't wake me up*

Therefore, I could not make any promise like I can treat my girlfriend good if I were a guy or I can be a better mother if I were (Britney Spears?) or something like that. Becoming somebody is not just for a moment, but it's for the rest of our lives. So, there is nothing like, if I were you, I could do a lot things better because you still have no idea what it feels like to be in their shoes. Deciding is not only based on our thinking, it's based on the circumstances we are facing too. Every little decisions lead to another events, and another event leads to decision making. In the philosophy course that I took last semester, my lecturer said that we could not escape from making decision. Even when we said " I don't want to decide" we are already making a decision for not wanting to decide. See the logic?

There you go. Now, think before you say something which involves a lot of discussions. Whoa~

7 comments:

Mrs Chong said...

if we keep thinking of 'what if', we wont have time for reality...there's much more things for us to do that thinking 'what if' laaaa

Dreamygirl said...

What if you were to be a better you? wahahaha.. you could do better kan kan kan? lame i know but i can never resist trying to twist you own words. don't tell me you're going to become a philosopher or what. i takkan ngaku sedara if you suddenly wear hats/caps/sth la all the time as if you'd die if you don't wear it and behaving so aloof.

If you do that... pi maen joh-joh..

Mad Maureen said...

Ping Ping: Ya, sometimes people keep making a shallow judgment on another people just by looking at one circumstance when in reality, nothing is as simple as that. Yah, what ifs is mostly done during ciak pa eng moment.. kuang x4.. That's why a lot of time is wasted..

Melissa: Oh, just like St Mary's former headmistress said, Do The Right Thing, Do it right the first time. Ok, how bout this. What if you stop thinking about what if, then make it happen? Hehehe.. I know, easier said than done too.. Kuang x4..

Oh, no..Don't worry.. I would not become a philosopher since I didn't further my studies on philosophy.. Wah, is my statement so philosophical until you think I'm gonna be one? *kembang hidung moment* Even my philosophy lecturer has not become a philosopher yet..

guess who... said...

dont know why,but i always agree with u...(^^,)

Mad Maureen said...

guess who: thanks.. hehe.. maybe because same thinking kot.. ;)

Anonymous said...

whoa.. now i must think kfully like a few times 1st b4 i say stg to u... did i say that out rite??? hmmm...

lol...

but i agree wit u on the basics of girl n guys & the part abt being someone..

Mad Maureen said...

Miss Confession: Lol.. Yea, you said that out right, but no worries, I am not a sensitive person.. I myself made harsh judgment most of time.. Haha.... ;) LOL.. Oh, thanks for agreeing on that part.. :)