Monday, April 20, 2009

Grandmama is Coming to Town!!

"You better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout I'm telling you why, Grandmama is coming to town~"

My grandmother is coming to town, well Georgetown, and she came all the way from Johor actually to attend a wedding celebration with my uncle, and at the same time,and she wanted to visit her two beloved granddaugthers...


US!!!

How do you describe your grandmother?

Most of the time, we describe our grandmother as someone's who's serious, someone who's sensitive, someone who's demanding, and most of the time, we describe our grandmother as an uncool person, yes? (Sad but true, haiz~) Yes, we all love and treasure our grandmother dearly, but how many of us will walk side by side with our grandmothers at the shopping complex without a slight of self-consciousness? (Oh, I guess I kind of sexist here.. Ok, grandpapas are in the subject too.. ) Urm, I don't feel self-conscious while walking with my grandmother, but I just didn't walk side by side because I walked too fast --->refer to my habit at the side of the blog..

So, you think grandmothers aren't cool? Ya think grandmothers know nothing about being cool? Hmm, think again.... Cause I want to bet with my 10 cent that my grandmother is cool, in some way lah.. Well, she's not always this cool, so I was kind of shocked myself, ya know~ That's why instead of referring her as grandma or grandmother, I am referring her as grandmama here because it has a lil mama feeling (rapper kind of name) to it.. (*=*)

So, okay, I am soo gonna collect my 10 cent now~!


Look, will the real cool grandmama please stand up?



Yo, look at two Bond girls!!

My grandmother kind of told us that she had bought this new sunglasses, and out of the blue, she told me that she wanted to show me how she looks when she wore them.. And I was kind of
blur + shocked = excited!!

So, me and my sis took the chance to immortalize this historical moment inside these precious photos..

Ah Ma, ei, Grandmama really enjoyed the spotlight, huh~
Well, the setting is not as glamorous as the models but -- let's just ignore it..

So, that's how cool my grandmama is..

From wearing sarong when I was a kid, to wearing long pants and blouse and now to wearing sunglasses.. There's moments of reformation in everyone of us, and old age doesn't mean we should stop being modern, right?

Ok, lai, lai, my 1o cent now!! Urm, second thought, 5o cents!!




3 comments:

Mrs Chong said...

i would walk side by side with my grandma though...cause she needs people to hold her ma...hahaha...and sometimes we let her sit wheelchair in the mall, so funs..then we push her around and let her see things oso...kekeke..

My ah ma even cooler...My ah ma go see artiste with me one..some more when take picture with them, she hug or kiss them. -.-" I so sked we kena halau...hahahahhaa

guess who... said...

wow,ur grandmama is so cool..hehe.i think u've heritage some gen from ur grandmama thats why u r cool 2..hahaha(^^,)

Mad Maureen said...

Ping Ping: Whoa, haha.. Your Ah Ma is really cool... ;) Go see artiste with you? That's like the top cool.. Hehehe.. In my case, the one with the role to hold my Ah Ma's hand would always be my sister.. Kekekeke.. Cause they dua2 jalan lambat2.. --> evil punya granddaughter..

Hey, maybe your Ah Ma and my Grandmama can be friends.. So your Ah Ma can give tips to my Ah Ma on how to be cooler in front of your grandkids besides wearing sunglasses.. Haha.. And should pakat with your Ah Ma to tell my Ah Ma that the ways to be cooler in front of your grandkids should be, urm, naikkan angpau punya saham.. Lol.. ;)


Guess who: Thanks for the compliment.. Hehehe.. Later I tell my grandmama and she will kembang hidung punya.. --> I also mewarisi this kembang hidung punya gen.. Ya, haha.. Besides madness, coolness runs in the family,huh? hehehehehe..