Monday, April 6, 2009

Moment of Reflection..


It's the first day of the Holy week but I do not feel holy at all. Well, at least today was more productive than the previous day because I managed to clean my room, and do my laundry, etc. (Woohoo~!! The feeling of after doing my laundry was so good, I mean, minus 50% of my worries). I guess, by cleaning the room, I can at least, maybe change the atmosphere of my room and make it more appealing to start my revision, which, unfortunately, has not taken place (YET)..

Majority of my hostel mates had gone back to their hometowns, leaving the hostel half empty, but it's weird, cause I do not feel lonely at all. I mean, yeah, we got all the insects and animals near Fajar which may accompany us, but I feel as if I am not alone, probably because I am glued to my laptop screen almost 95% if my awake moment. It's an imbalance routine I know, but I can't help it. Then, there was this beautiful forwarded message which I'd received from my bestie Amanda, who is currently studying in Swinburne, Kuching.


HOLY WEEK REFLECTIONS

1) Sometimes, God breaks our spirit to save our soul.

2) Sometimes, He break our heart to make us whole.

3) Sometimes, He send us pain so we can be stronger.

4) Sometimes, He sends us failure so we can be humble.

5) Sometimes, He sends us illness so we can take better care of ourselves.

6) Sometimes, He takes "EVERYTHING" away from us so we can learn the value of "EVERYTHING" we have.



THough, I received quite a lot of similar messages like this, it never fails to touch my heart to read this messages. THough, most of us maybe have seen this message before, but have we really put it into practise, to not take for granted everything we have? It's sad that we are always aware of our flaws, our weaknesses, but we never try to improvise them. Therefore, we did not sin out of ignorance, but we sinned out of ignoring.

I admit, that I am never satisfied with what I have. Now I know that we should have been thankful and not complaining what we already had. I hope, I at least, will try to be holy during this Holy Week. I've failed myself everytime in terms of fasting before Easter. I never did really fast, but I think during this study week, I am trying to fast because, hehe, I am running out of food by the way.


2 comments:

Petite Amanda said...

I just realized haven't been to ur blog in a while so here i am.. :D

I really like that SMS too.. very very inspirational indeed.. And SO true. sigh. totally help me cos that time very stress.

Mad Maureen said...

Ya, it was very inspirational, and thanks a lot for forwarding it to me.. Hehehehe.. while i was feeling so hungry and bored in the hostel, you sent me something nice.. It was touching indeed.. Wa lao eh.. I guess I felt full after receiving your message.. ;)