Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I hope I won't regret......

For just taking 17 unit this semester.. I finally chose to drop Spanish language course over Children Literature because I had enough unit for university courses. Thanks to my friend who mentioned it to me, I knew I had enough unit, or else I will remain blur in darkness and thought that 18 unit is the minimum requirement to fulfill the unit for university courses.

This morning, I had class as early as 9 am.. Thank God this semester I do not have any 8 a.m class, but touch wood, I haven't know the times for my major tutorial slots yet. If I could choose, the earliest class that I can attend is 10 am. Serious. I am a pig when it comes to waking up early. The earliest class today was Creative Writing (LHP453). I expected the lecturer would be a female lecturer named Dr Zarina binti Mustapha who used to teach my sister Creative writing too, but when I entered the class, I saw a male lecturer, so hesitantly I asked "Is this LHP453 class" with a blurry face in front of the other students. Ya, they were all seated, so I was late for class again, as usual. I chose at the seat at the back because there was barely any seat left for late comers. Next time, I should bear in mind that I should not be late for classes like this.

The male lecturer, whom I think looked like Indian, introduced himself as D09/003 which I mistakenly heard as "39003." I guess I have hearing problem. He introduced himself using his room number to let us be more curious to know him, in my opinion. Then he reveal to us something about the course, and said that this course is not all about writing short stories, he wanted us to do something like copywriting too. I was like, I heard of copywriting before, but what the heck really is copywriting? I mean, I only heard of it, but I am not sure what a copywriter really does. Call me ignorance or anything, I know I'm one. Then he asked if any of us has a blog. A senior whom I think is a Kenny Sia look-alike raised up his hand. Then after a while, the lecturer asked if there is any other person who keeps a blog besides the Kenny Sia look-alike. {I guess I should inspect what his name is or else I would be rude to call someone Kenny Sia look-alike in my blog and repeat it again and again.} I did not raise my hand. I felt self-conscious of my language standard here. Besides, the way I perceive myself in this blog is different from the way other people perceive me (I think lah~!)

Then he asked us to write a poem as our first task for the day, and we had to hand in the task right before the class ends. You know what I did? Automatically, what came to my mind when he mentioned the word 'poem' was the poem I wrote to my mother for Mothers' Day when I was 16 years old. Well, he didn't mention we had to think of a poem spontaneously right? He only mentioned we should not plagiarize other people's poem. So, I took out my pencil trying to recall back the poem I wrote to my mother ages ago. Oh, damn, I am so old now. I forgot how I was when I was 16. (-_-)

The poem goes like this.

Close to you is where I shall stay,
On a sunny nor a rainy day,
Because I know that you will pray,
Even when your hair turns gray,
For me and for our family,
You wish the best for eternity,
"Thank you Mom " then I will say,
On this beautiful Mothers' Day.

I guess I left some of the lines out because I think this poem actually was not as short as this when I wrote it to my mother, but the lecturer said we just need to produce a stanza of poem. So I guess this is sufficient enough for a stanza. (Comforting myself la katakan)..This poem has no ambiguity, it has no simbolic attribution. What you read is what you get. No conotation, just denotation.

Then after this class, I had a lecture at 11 am and man, the lecture halls were full of students because students from other schools also took up this course which is offered by the School of Humanity. Therefore, I shoud bear in mind that I should be more punctual for this lecture. I chose the tutorial from 10 to 11 am because I am too lazy to wake up early for the 9 am to 10 am class though most of my coursemates are in that class. Huhu~! Why I choose laziness over being with coursemates? I could not understand myself sometimes.

After all this chaotic moments, I finally get to rest and had a good lunch with my kind friend/former hostel mate named Lee Ying and we had our lunch at Shuang Xing. She moved to University Height. It was more convenient cause she and her housemates can cook on their own.

This semester, my courses was all about English because I just dropped the foreign language subject that I enrolled in. Hopefully I wont regret. Anyway, I can always take it during the next semester.

PS: Haiz, I have to attend a CUS meeting tonight and hope everything goes well as planned. Chao. Signing off.

6 comments:

Petite Amanda said...

Maureen! that's so nice.. a courses that is all about English!!?! Somehow I wish my course is like that too (less headache I think.) But I don't know for sure how it is like tho.. hopefully u will talk abt it more. lol.

What 17 Unit? is it like 17 modules? Gosh I hope not. I can't imagine how it's like to take 17 modules. O_O

Hey.. the poem that u wrote for ur mum is lovely & simple. but says a lot about your mum too. :D I can't write like that. I wish I could but I cant. I always end up with something stupid if I write a poem. lol T_T

Mrs Chong said...

I am thinking of dropping spanish too!!!!!! It's too hectic for me la...but I've not decided...we've got the whole week to think about it right? I dont know if I should....sigh...

have u read my poems? Though they are sad ones. No happy bubbly ones.

Mad Maureen said...

Amanda: Yup, this semester, my course is all about English Language. Some I like, but I don't favour some English courses that needs us to learn about the science of language.. Hmmph~! Ya, I know you love English soooo much!!! Hehe.. I think Creative Writing course is just the paper you'll take if you're at USM.. Urm, I'm not sure what 17 modules is, hehe.. Maybe I explain using unit kot... It goes like this, 1 major course = 4 unit, 1 university course = 2 units. So this sem, I just took up 5 courses. Hehe..

Ping Ping: Oh,just now I asked the people at the Pusat Pengajian IK when is the last day to drop course, if not mistaken, she told me it's tomorrow. If drop on Thursday, need to pay RM50 already.. I did read some of your poems from your blog's archives. You've got talent girl~!! It's deep and touching.. You got write new poems again? If yes, I am gonna check them out.. ;)

Petite Amanda said...

Oh yeap.. i love English alright. :) Well actually i love writing.. lol the language itself tends to get a bit confusing for me sometimes..
oh okies i can pretty much get the gist of wat 'units' means.. hehe.. oh and module is like the subjects that a person's taking for that one sem. I don't count the units thingy..

Hawa said...

saja nak singgah,pake membanyakkan entri komen ktk..hahaha

Mad Maureen said...

Amanda: Oh, no wonder u thought pengsan if take 17 modules.. Hehehe.. Yup, not the same.. Hmm, so now I know how you calculate your subjects every semester.. ;)

Hawa: Hahahaha... Eh, dipersilakan.. Nangga jak, sik da minuman disediakan.. Mun ada gambar minuman mok jak ku lekat sitok.. ;)