Saturday, July 25, 2009

In Loving Memory..


Bad news were everywhere...

But I never thought it could be this worse...

Yasmin Ahmad, the best director in Malaysia (I can declare this without much doubt) passed away about 11.25 pm
Saturday night, 25th July 2009.

It was shocking and sad.

I knew the news from my friend's shout out in facebook.

I had dreams to become a movie director, and she was kind of my role model for daring to be different, and I planned maybe I could meet h
er one day, to ask her about what thing that made her so motivated to bring out her ideas and make them significant.

This plan remains a fantasy..

Her passing away reminds me of Michael Jackson's death just about a month ago, on 25th June.


He was born the same year as Yasmin Ahmad too.. on the year 1958.

They passed away with an unfinished plan. Or specifically, in the middle of fulfilling the plan for their latest project.

Michael: His concert tour.

Yasmin Ahmad: Her commercial project. And many of her future movie plans.


They were sad, shocking deaths...

Great people just passed away during their moment of glory..

I wondered what will happen to those they left behind.

Michael, his children.

Yasmin Ahmad, her husband and an adorable daughter.

I can't even think about it..


I lit up a virtual candle for your memory here in my heart.


May you both rest in peace, Amen.



6 comments:

Petite Amanda said...

This is a lovely blog post dedication. =/

May she rest in peace. I don't really know what to say about her I'm afraid. All I know is that she has done Malaysia proud so far.. And with that, I'm proud of her too.

Mad Maureen said...

Thanks Amanda for the compliment..

Yes, she has done Malaysia proud though most of the time, the Malaysians critics underappreciated her.. (-_-) Thanks for being proud of her, cause I am too.. :) May she rest in peace and may she realized that she had made a difference when she lived..

PS: I had left a comment that would never be approved that fateful night since she wasn't there.. (-_-) I was hoping for her speedy recover, and now she is not going to see my comment anymore.. Huhu..

Hawa said...

Setiap yang hidup pasti akan menemui mati.cuma kita yang tidak tahu bila masanya akan tiba..

Mad Maureen said...

betul dipadah kitak Hawa.. Yalah selalunya time sik disangka lalulah time ya org meninggal.. huhu~!!

Petite Amanda said...

AWWW.. oh dear.. yea. i understand how that feels.. ur comment shall never be approve by her. =/ maybe her soul will see it tho. ( it's a actually a pretty scary thought. T_T)

Mad Maureen said...

Yeah, huhu.. Yup, maybe her soul will see it, if she has not cross over yet.. Pity her and her family.. But hopefully, she rest in eternal peace.. (*=*)