Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Believe I Can Sing..

So I was attending this singing practice 8 pm tonight for the Catholic Undergraduate Students (CUS)'s gathering tomorrow. I was shocked to find I was the second earliest to arrive at DUP second floor, the place we chose for our practice session for tomorrow's activity. I was like, okay (proud for being early for the first time) and the earliest was Juslin, a girl my age but she was a 3rd year student. At least being the earliest after her, I got to break the ice. I don't know why but I am not a person who can talk a lot in a group. I only talk a lot more when it's one on one. Call me weird, but I bet some of you out there has this similarity with me too. :) I was impressed she knew how to play the guitar because I've never seen her play one before.

Then, along came Marcela, then Arthur. It was just the four of us, plus Augustine, who then joined us later. I was like, no, just the five of us? This means, they're going to notice my lousy voice. I mean, I only sing in a loud voice confidently when I am at home, and even with all that confidence, I always got corrected by my sister for singing off-key. I could not raise my voice especially when singing church hymns. I was like, help me, God!! Help me!! I envy Marcela's strong vocal and Juslin's melodious singing. My voice, on the other hand, was like a guy's voice. I really believed that Sabahan truly have natural singing talent in their blood. Maybe Sarawakians was more to dancing, though I suck at it. But when I observed my Sarawakian friends and also the view from my sister, yeah, I truly believe that Sarawakian's talent was more to dancing. Maybe I have to try out Tarian Moden Ko-k next semester, hmm...

Moment of Beseech: Oh, God.... Please help me for my singing tomorrow. And please, do not rain tomorrow, because we are going to have our gathering at Tasik Harapan.. (Even if we do have umbrella, tak syoklah buat action song pakai payung..)

5 comments:

Petite Amanda said...

I've never heard u sing before.. :D I wanna hear u sing!! I'm not good at singing myself.. mostly off key one.. without realising it i will sing off-key. T_T Hmm.. I never notice that S'wakians are better at dancing tho. but i agree with you that Sabahan are like born to be singers.. they really sing very well.. (tis is from watching all the AF auditions lol).

Hawa said...

aokla,benar katanya..xda tga @ dgr ktk blagu b4 tok..mok dgr juak..bknnya ktk mmg slalu mbak payung ka?so x plu takut la esok...(^^,)

Mad Maureen said...

Amanda: Oh, wana hear me sing? hehehe.. Oklah, when i go back Sibu i will sing for you.. (Newsflash: Flood in Sibu) Ya, i also notice that from watching Af audition.. hehe.. Oh, the Sarawakian dancing talent are mostly referring to the Dayak community who always learn Ngajat when they are back at their longhouses.. Really, girl, u see their hands so graceful when dancing the Ngajat.. ;)

Hawa: Oh, mok dengar ku blagu juak.. haha.. Payung sik cukup sebagai bekalan mun aku blagu.. Mesti embak bot juak, mun banjir kelak.. Ngan jaket keselamatan sekali.. Aku mok minum madu gik kelak.. Dengar org madah, minum honey bait untuk tekak.. ;)

Petite Amanda said...

lol oh mau.. no la.. don think will flood cos of your singing la. If flood ma cham liau.. cos my house sure kena one.. lol

oh.. okok.. yea it's true.. their dancing really very graceful.. i wonder how can they make the movement of their dance to perfect la.. :)

Mad Maureen said...

haha, Amanda. thanks for believing that my singing is not that tragic.. ;)
ya, they make the movement of their dance so perfect because they were trained since little, kot.. in my opinionlah.. hehe...