Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Open Diary~ (A Tribute to Facebook)

 It may be late for me to wish a happy new year but well, I still wana wish it. It's the 12th day of year 2011 and there were rumours going around that Facebook will close down on March. I may be bluffing if I say that Facebook has no impact on my life. Facebook, in fact, has affected my life so much. I treated it like my open diary. Yea, I know, a blog like this is an open diary too, but Facebook is more interactive and your friends can comment on the spot about your thoughts and you can do the same on theirs. It affects my life socially and financially (where I can just use the tagging service in facebook instead of sending sms-es). Hehe. 

Why is it not such an exaggeration if I say that my university life mainly revolves around facebook? 

Facebook lets me share my thoughts openly with my friends. Facebook enables me to see who has the same thought as me, and who doesn't. Sometimes, I know people will say that it is 'wu liao' and 'ciak pa eng' but I tell you, it was through facebook that I could borrow a text book from my junior, and it was through facebook I know the latest news, such as when do I need to get the result slip. It has done me more good than harm. And of course the harm that facebook did to me was to distract me from my studies, but apart from that, facebook had prosper my life socially. 

But I remember there were times where facebook nearly jeopardize my relationship with my cousin and my eldest sister. I remember when my eldest sister commented on my status when I lost my cell phone, I retorted back at her comment sarcastically and I knew she was hurt. And there was another time, when I went through my cousin's facebook wall, I was oversensitive and misjudged my cousin's friend comment as racist, and I  bashed my cousin's friend with hurtful comments, and consequently, I jeopardized my cousin's friendship with his friend. I did apologized at the end, but the thing happened. I couldn't erase it with an apology, right? Even my second sister and my bestie said that what I commented was too harsh. My sister told me it could be just a casual remark and good-natured jokes between friends and I took it a bit too seriously.

Despite the negative outcomes, facebook is still important to my life, especially right now., and it is a lie if I tell you that facebook closing down would not affect me.

To end this post, I would like to include the 10 most memorable posts of 2010 that I've shared in facebook.

MY OPEN THOUGHTS LAST YEAR:

7 December 2010, at 3:08 pm: I wonder if this Xmas tree that we put up in our house will survive through Xmas season. With more than a dozen cats around which hold the threat of sabotaging your Xmas tree anytime, I may not sound so paranoid for even thinking that it's might not be a crazy idea to insure every single thing in your house. (-_-")

Top of Form

December 3, 2010 at 10.43 pm: Got a very special gift this Xmas. GUess who won Blackberry Torch 9800 from Digi Evangelist at Nuffnang? ;) Thank God for this..! Never thought i could be this lucky! :')

Top of Form

November 26, 2010 at 10.51am: I wonder if the saying 'Time is Money' is still applicable. Cause sometimes we Spend and Waste our time just to Save money.. Proof: I am gonna be at KLIA from about 8 am till 7.30 pm tomorrow. Because the tickets are cheaper at that time.I desperately need something to kill the time at the airport tomorrow. *sigh*

November 24, 2010 at 10:32 pm: Exam abis.Pergi shopping.Beli barang.Syok sangat.Balik malam.Check facebook.Nanti mandi.Basuh baju.Jemur baju.Cadar juga.Last, packing.Benci packing.Sangat benci. Tapi terpaksa.Tak apa.Tabah saja.Fikir positif.Yang penting.Exam abis.Happy holiday. ;) Kepada yang masih exam- pesanan dua perkataan.Eh,bukan 'good luck'. Itu terlalu biasa dan klise.Dua perkataan je."Jangan jeles." :P Okay. good luck juga.Jgn marah.;)

Top of Form


November 5, at 11:22 pm: Sari berita utama:Seorang pelajar USM Siti Hawa Suhaili telah dianugerahkan gelaran penyumbang ekonomi negara terbaik atas jasa beliau membelanjakan lebih daripada RM100 dlm sekelip mata di Tesco Sungai Dua petang ini.Barangan yg dibeli berupa barangan kegunaan dari hujung rambut ke hujung kuku kaki.Syabas diucapkan.Dijangka pencapaian beliau ini akan direkodkan dalam Malaysia Book of Records.Sekian.

Top of Form

November 5, 2010 at 11:14am : is falling in love with Chinese songs, Chinese movies all over again. And she can't believe she fell in love with Korean artistes and songs too - (thanks to Steppu Chan). These are the Asian jewels she has overlooked all this while. And oh how she wish she did learned Chinese properly last time, she would have understood the meaningful lyrics of the songs. :(

November 3, 2010 at 8:02pmMenurut Siti Hawa Suhaili (2010), Facebook bukan sahaja digunakan oleh majikan untuk mengetahui bakal pekerja yg mereka ingin upah dengan lebih mendalam, tapi boleh digunakan oleh kita semua untuk mengenali bakal life partner dengan lebih mendalam melalui proses stalking, dan sebagainya. (actually proses stalking je - 'dan sebagainya' itu sebagai formaliti sahaja)

Top of Form


October 26, 2010 at 4:53pm : hari ni hari malas aku first time skip dua tutorial in a row mesti susah nak cari kerja kalau my future prospective boss nampak status ini tapi aku malas nak fikir pasal future hari ini malas sangat sampai malas nak guna fullstop dan huruf besar juga btw hari malas kamu bila ok tido dulu zzzzzz
Top of Form

October 21, 2010 at 9:37am: Dear God, please let me finish my Semantic assignment by today so that I will not skip the CUS gathering tomorrow.. And please, please, please make my
lecturer scribble the first letter that she learned when she check this assignment. In this, I pray, Amen.
Top of Form

October 16, 2010 at 11:14pm: Just when I thought my family at home have forgotten about me for not calling me more than a week, suddenly I heard my ringtone ringing.. Mama, how come you can read my mind? Miss u, miss family, miss home, miss the cats, arggh... but i don't miss the house work.. :P


Interframe: And I wonder, when facebook ends, where can I share these short thoughts with my friends? Hmm..
Bottom of Form
Bottom of Form
Bottom of Form
Bottom of Form

5 comments:

Mel Malden said...

mun ko klaka dengan dinding, dinding sik kan jawab balit bah. tapi dinding facebook boleh! haha

Healthy Living said...

T Harv Eker, one of the top speakers in the world is coming to Malaysia to conduct Millionaire Mind Intensive seminar. Get your free tickets on my Healthy Living blog at www.healthylivingwithus.blogspot.com.

Petite Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Petite Amanda said...

hmmm you know the first thing that came to my mind wen i heard that facebook might shut down is that hmm i cannot play mall world liau. LOL!!

even tho i do write some of my thoughts on fb, im afraid im not as open in fb as i am on my blog. mainly cos my mum has a fb account and she'll scold me if i say anything wayyy too personal T_T

oh ya and actually i don tink that fb shutting down is the real news. but then im not 100% sure la. another site said that it's not real. -_-" oh well, i guess will only know if it's true in march la.

Mad Maureen said...

Melod: auk hahah. nang miracle la dinding facebook ya. semakin diconteng semakin baik jadinya. orang kata the walls have ears, kat dinding facebook, the walls have mouth.. hoho

Ada: yea.. lol. Mall World addiction. that's the first thing that came to mind when my holidays finish, i think uh-oh i can't play MW now.. huhu.. yea.. some sources said that it is rumours.. i wish it is.. hehehee.. I want to play fb until my nieces can walk la.. hahah