Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Movie With Millions of Messages

Do you believe in destiny?
A) Yes
B) No

If you watch this movie, you would answer A.

This is the one of those movies which got me engrossed from the start till the beginning. I mean, really engrossed, where I would observe the dialogues attentively.

Photo source: here

I was not interested in this movie at first, because I didn't know who Danny Boyle is, and who the casts were... until I knew that it won like 8 Oscars.I was like.. okay.. I gotta watch this movie. And I am glad I did (though I watched it from pirated DVD)

Slumdog Millionaire has a lot of underlying messages, from what I can observe.

-It shows that people usually rate others according to their background,
-how some people looked down on slum kids as if they have lower caste than animals,
-how people will fight for their beliefs and religion when fighting is against the teaching of their religion,
- how some cruel people used kids to gain profits
- and how school education and certification is so overrated, because above all, experience is the best teacher one could have.

Jamal Malik, the main character in this movie, could beat the lawyers and doctors to answer all these killer questions in tv programme 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' just based on his experience.
It kinda shows that our experience is the best teacher because we will rarely forget our experience and we understand about something more through experiencing it.

So, if I ask you this question:
Is Slumdog Millionaire your favourite movie?

A)No
B) Maybe
C) Not sure
D) Yes. Always my favourite.


By the way, this marks the 2nd day of blogging challenge: My Favourite Movie ( / ). Checked.

My Answer: D

3 comments:

Kiki said...

awesome, filem ini memang awesome.. what i cant forgot bout this film bila babak amitabh bachachan datang tuh...

super duper pminat amitabh,
haha

real lawak,

*maumau, say thnks to step gak, kiki pon gna cara dia utk letak playlist.. tengs a lot, voila!

Mad Maureen said...

Yea Kiki... Like it very much!
I was very impressed with this movie.. I thought this movie will be what only the film critic would find interesting since I didn't see any famous main characters (except for Anil Kapoor) in it, lol, but i didn't realize it was audience friendly and can make it big commercially too. Thumbs up to Danny Boyle. Ya, part Amitabh tu memang lawak hahah..

Orait, akan ku sampaikan salam thanks mu kepada Step nanti. ;) Mesti Step gembira nie sebab telah menabur jasa.. hahah

Mel said...

at first when dengar the title I was like WHAT??? but then after watching is I was like YEAY... :) this movie memang deserve to win all those awards :)