Saturday, October 31, 2009

We All Need Help to Study..

I got this prayer card from a priest back in high school (when I was form 5 or form 6, I don't really remember)- and I think this prayer is a big help for those Christians asking for guidance in study.

Prayer before Study (by St Thomas Aquinas)


Lord God Supreme, who out of the treasures of Thy Wisdom has set up three orders of angels to rule the heavens in sweet order and hast filled the earth with beauty and plenty; do Thou Fount of Light and wisdom and source of all life and goodness, graciously shed the radiance of Thine own brightness on the darkness of my mind and take from me the sin and ignorance in which I was born.

Thou who makest eloquent the tongue of little children, fashion my words and pour upon my lips the grace of Thy benediction. Grant me penetration to understand, capacity to retain, method and facility in study and abundant grace of expression. Order the beginning, direct the progress, perfect the achievement of my work, Thou who art true God and true Man and livest and reignest for ever and ever. Amen.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

hey i know this prayer too.. i used to read this before goin for my PMR exams. it's really powerful la this prayer.. thanks for sharing it, Mau! :D

Mad Maureen said...

Yeah, wow! I got this prayer from Fr Paul during form 5 or form 6 exam mass.. Oh, there's another exam prayer I got from my senior here which is shorter. It's really powerful too..

Here it goes:

O Great St Joseph of Cuppertino,
Who by your prayers obtained from God the favour to be asked at your examinations only the prepositions you knew, grant that I may succeed like you in the examination that I am preparing for.
In return, I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked. St Joseph of Cuppertino, please pray for me. Amen.

This is a powerful prayer too. The one i posted was more suitable during study, and this one more suitable before your exam. Good luck and God bless, Ada.. ;)