Friday, October 23, 2009

the BIG sacrifice..

Written on Friday night, but due to the poor internet connection, I only get to publish them now.

The date was 23rd October 2009...

I was messaging my sister just now whether we are going to tomorrow's night Mass or on Sunday and she told me we are going for tomorrow's night Mass, but we will go earlier, like 11 am in the morning because she & the gang already rented a car to go for a karaoke and round-round and this will be our last big gathering before the exam. I was like, WHAT? I just promised my roommate to go to the library with her to have our own little study group around 10 am till noon. Hmmph~! The moral of the story is - DON'T GIVE ME SUCH A SHORT NOTICE - ESPECIALLY IF IT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL LIKE THIS. DON'T TAKE FOR GRANTED I AM FREE ON WEEKEND.

FEELING SUPER KEMPUNAN NOW. (T__T ) I wanted to go, but it's inappropriate for me to just cancel my date with my roommate just because I found something which is more tempting to do. (correction: anything can be more tempting than studying, e.g: sleeping) It's like principle versus desire. And principle had to win. And besides, I sayang my roommate very much, I don't want to let her down.

*recovering mode*

Now, talking about sacrifice and suffering, it reminds me of another thing which has nothing to do with the former situation. Well, maybe a little, cause I can start comparing here. Me being kempunan over not going to karaoke with my sisters and the gang (it feels hurt to say this again and again) is nothing compared to the suffering of the children in Sudan, or let's take somewhere nearer, like the Phillipines, and even in the rural area of our own beloved country Malaysia. Why did I suddenly brought this up? Well, it has everything to do with the CUS gathering that I went to yesterday.

We always take for granted our comfortable life. Even little thing such as walking to the top of hostel daily (ahem) could be a difficult task. Washing our own clothes felt damn torturing. But how about those who doesn't have feet, legs and even hands to even do these simple tasks? And how about those people who lived in the area where they do not have enough water supply for drinking, let alone bathing and washing their clothes? Let's take Labuan, for example. From this gathering, I began to feel the suffering of the people there because of the insufficient water supply. And yes, the people I mentioned here refer mainly to the students who might be our peers or even younger than us. What we took for granted in our daily lives here is such a big necessity for others. So, don't waste water. How not to waste water? Hehe. Easy. A piece of cake. Here's a few way:

1) Don't wash your clothes everyday. (This is the easiest among the tips, I suppose). Just wash it like, hmm, once in three days. Don't let the water tap run when you are still washing the clothes because usually the water would keep pouring out from the bucket when overloaded.

2) Don't bath using bath tub. At least, use shower, or better yet, use a bucket to bath. Make sure you shampoo your head to toe then use one bucket (or maximum two buckets) of water to rinse yourself, and voila, you are all clean. Besides saving water, you are saving your time. ;)

3) Try not to sweat so much. No, I am not teaching you how to save the water from your body, but I am saying that with not much sweat, you can reuse your clothes for the second time before laundry, so this will save quite a lot on water. ;)

4) Try not to be that talkative. Talkative people tend to drink more water (to replace the saliva in their mouth, perhaps?) So, I am not trying to encourage all of you to drink less water, just that I am trying to convey that since water is our crucial necessity, and we should drink 8 to 9 glasses of water perday, try not to drink more than that cause I think talkative people would actually exceed the recommended quantity.

Guess these are what I can share with all at the moment - cause I am damn sleepy and I have to get some beauty sleep cause if I am beautiful with less pimple, I can save the water by not washing my face with facial products ~ ZZzz..

2 comments:

Hawa said...

"cause if I am beautiful with less pimple, I can save the water by not washing my face with facial products ~ ZZzz.."

Huh..doesn't matter la ur face less pimple,many pimple @ no pimple,u stil must wash ur face b4 go 2 bed..

Remember dis tauk sleeping beauty..eh,btol ka statement tok???hehehehe..gurau jak k..(^^,)

Mad Maureen said...

Hawa: yalah.. hahaha.. jimat air ya untuk cover excuse aku malas cuci muka sebenarnya.. hehehe..ok, i will try rajin2 cuci muka..

yes, thanks for calling me sleeping beauty.. betul statement ya.. aku memang sleeping beauty.. hik3..

;)