Monday, October 19, 2009

Through the Rain...

I was going to leave the room when suddenly my roommate said "Isn't it raining now?" I took a look at the window, and agreed with her statement.
"I have no choice but to print this assignment and hand it later," I replied, biting my lower lip. I bade her farewell, and started off my journey walking in the heavy downpour. While making my way through the heavy downpour, I heard someone calling my name. I turned and saw Lee Ying, whom I had not hang out with for quite a long time.
"Where are you heading to?" I asked, in my attempt to start a conversation.
"Going back home," she answered, with a sweet smile, referring to U-Height, a place where she moved to after being my hostel mate for a year. "How bout you?"
"Oh, going to Pusat Bahasa," I replied.
"Why don't you take the bus? It's raining heavily," she spoke through the noise of the pouring rain.
"Oh, I need to print something," and that was the end of the our conversation before I proceeded with my journey through the rain.
I arrived at CIMB bank and withdrew RM40 out. I was tempted to withdraw money whenever I passed by the ATM machine for I thought that I wouldn't pass by there often. After that, I made my way to the printing shop, trying to transfer my assignment from a virtual medium into a hard copy.
I took a look at my printed assignment and checked them through. At last, I thought to myself. Thanks to Mel for helping me in the process of completing my short story. She was a strict critique to begin with, which reminds me of the lecturer himself. The lecturer had wanted us to have a critical reader for our story, and the best people I could think us was no other than my own sister. A headstrong person that I was, I argued with her a lot about the logic of my characters, because I wanted my characters to remain like how I imagined them, and I really needed her help to check my grammar, vocabulary and my sentence structure. She suggested the proper sentence instead of my draggy sentence. Maybe in the future, we could team up as writers, but she snorted at the idea, thinking that there would be a lot of arguments if we were to do that.
Finally, the time has arrived. I was standing in front of the door of Mr Ahmad Sofwan. I tried to open the door to his room but failed. I left a note on my assignment and explained the reason why I changed my story and slip them under the door.
Walking back to my hostel, I was feeling lighter than before. Even the heavy downpour turned to a drizzle. Farewell, my last assignment, I thought to myself. It was a long journey through this semester, and I was happy I could go through it like how I made my journey through the rain.

- a lame short story by lameleftygirl-

9 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

y do u like to drag............................................................................... things?
hm.. anyway this short story (yes, this one in ur blog) is better than the transgender story. that one i cudn't finish reading.

Petite Amanda said...

=D congrats Mau! I understand how it feels to complete assignments.. big sigh of relief..

you should say a real life story by lameleftygirl la.. lol. it's well written :) i like it.

Mad Maureen said...

Mel: cos a transgender somewhat reminds me of a drag queen.. so have to to something like that.. hehehee..

Mad Maureen said...

Ada: eh, i tertekan publish comment before i reply yours.. yes, it's a nice feeling to finally complete my assignments.. ;) wah, thanks... i think it's funny cos it's too dramatic for mundane activities.. hehehe.

Hawa said...

congrats...only that i can said..(^^,)

Mad Maureen said...

thanks Hawa.. I felt so happy while finishing my LAST assignment... ;) hehehe..

Andy said...

great blog, i follow u. welcome to my blog mad maureen :')

Mad Maureen said...

Andy: Hey, thanks for following my mad humble blog.. im touched.. saw your blog too.. Awesome~! ;)