Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Warning: Don't do this to your helpless friend...

[Interframe: I seriously need to focus now, but what i did was just watching Desperate Housewives season 4 and doing the laundry, but wait, Desperate Housewives is an English-speaking series, so they do help my revision, don't they?]

It was during the night of 11th April, and I was walking back from Bali Bali after having a Milo ais and a sesi suap-menyuap Tiramisu birthday cake with my beloved seniors. The time was 8 p.m. I walked and arrived at the Sungai Dua USM bus stop and saw the back of my friend, my only former school mate here in USM, his name is X, and I saw him carrying a really large package, all by himself. I called him from the back, and he finally stopped and replied my greeting.

We had a little chat while walking. He told me he just came back from the PC fair which was going on at Penang International Sports Arena (PISA) and he bought something there. He went there alone, buying all these stuffs. I was impressed, and also kinda feel bad why he went there alone and buy these heavy things because he looked like he really needed some help with carrying the big package, so I forced myself to ask if he needed some help with carrying those item. I mean, I had to force myself that time, and sorry, honestly, I wasn't that sincere in offering the help that time because the thing looked so heavy and I was in a rush to meet my friend who was starving waiting for me, so to do or not to do, I had to follow my instinct to help him- though reluctantly. I am very sorry for being not really sincere that time, because one thing, I don't really like to offer help to guys, unless the guys are my juniors or my younger relatives like Aaron James and Aaron Ezra, and yeah, it's also because I am kinda of a sexist sometimes, but because this friend of mine had a little problem physically, so I could adjust my standard in helping people. Two, I was in a rush, and carrying heavy thing might slow me down. But all ye girls, don't worry, I am really sincere when helping you guys, err, girls.. lol..

So back to the story. I helped my friend to carry the heavy package and I was gasping for air while carrying it because I was walking fast while carrying heavy thing. I could imagine myself looking comical in this situation and I was glad nobody I knew passed-by us and witness this. lol. Then, I got quite annoyed when I found out from X that actually that heavy thing that I helped him to carry was not something he bought for himself, but the heavy printer was a thing his friend asked him to buy. I was like, saying what the heck under my mind or if I were meaner than I already am, I could be cursing wtf under my breath.

I couldn't help but to ask him "Why couldn't your friend buy this printer himself?"
He answered "Oh, he's not free. He wasn't free from 9th April till 10th April."
"Oh, but he's free on 11 right?" I asked.
"He's busy with church activities today. So, I helped him buy the printer."
What the heck? He was busy with church activity so he could go on bullying his friend to buy a heavy printer at PISA all by himself? The moment I heard that, my heart was screaming with these messages to X's so-called friend, Mr WTH..

A message from Mean Maureen to the selfish MR WTH:

"What the heck, church activity? You are busy 'noble' man who are active in church activities and here you contradict yourself by bullying your physically incapable friend to buy a DAMN HEAVY printer alone at PISA? Who the heck do you think you are??? I don't mind if you asked him to buy some printer's ink, or something which can be carried easily, but this, SHAME ON YOU MR BUSY WITH CHURCH ACTIVITY GUY, you took advantage of X who was going to PISA alone to buy you a damn heavy printer?? SHAME ON YOU!!! You better go back to kindy and learn about civic-mindedness or just don't go to church because you're bringing shame to the church you went to!"

Upon reaching X's hostel, he apologized profusely for having to let me carry that damn heavy printer for him.
"I'm really really sorry you have to carry this," he said to me.
"Don't be sorry. You are not supposed to be sorry. It's your friend who's supposed to be sorry..." I said it clearly so that he wouldn't miss the sarcasm I had dedicated to his so-called friend. Then, we bade each other farewell.

After that, I walked to find my friend, who was totally starving, waiting for me. While walking, I thought that I could only help him this time, but how about the other time? In the future? How can he endure with much more sufferings? He could be bullied again and he willl accept those favours asked though beyond his ability, maybe because that's the only way for him to gain friends.

So, for those of you out there, please do not do these things to others, especially your own friend. Friendship is a bond not for you to gain benefits, but friendship is journeying together with another person and share all the pain and joy together, and that's why it's called friendship. It's a ship where you journey with your friend, through good times or bad times. And yeah, you can ask for favour from your friends, but make sure it is something that is not beyond the ability or the convenience of your friend, because if it is, you will sink the ship that you built together with the person whom you are supposed to protect, and not exploit.

6 comments:

awlane said...

i love your words babe :D

Mad Maureen said...

awlane: thanks for loving it!! hehe.. ;D

jeans lusuh said...

wow....
tht WTH guy really WTH one la...

Mad Maureen said...

Mdm Claire Marie:
yup... betul WTH & WTF la that guy.. taking advantage on my friend who's physically incapable... huhu..

Unknown said...

Gahh.

Fenomena buli at Uni level. Not as harsh as secondary school but still it happens.

Busy guy huh? I hope he's really busy he doesn't have time to print a thing. Or that printer rosak. haha kejam.

Mad Maureen said...

Yeap... Ingatkan at uni semua org dah civilized tapi too bad kan. Hahha.. Yeah, i am wishing the same too... hopefully he's too busy to make full use of the printer and hopefully printer rosak... i should goncang2 the printer while carrying it that day.. aish, why i didn't think of it.. hehe.. *evil wink* ;D