Friday, April 2, 2010

Having A Heavenly Night in Paradise...


It all started during the Chinese New Year holiday.. Marcela was asking me "What's the other theme that's not that skema for the CUS Nite?" from the Fajar's bedroom desk behind me. She was staying with me during the CNY holidays and it was a fun experience having a holiday roommate.. That time, the plan was to have the dinner held at Paradise Sandy Beach hotel. When Duke and Matt commented to us during our dinner together the night before, that the theme was quite skema, so Marce told me maybe we should change the theme. Marce said it should be a theme which will attract people and not make people feel that it's skema. Then she said "Mau mau jom fikir tema!" with an energetic smile.

Sometimes, she reminded me of the teenage version of my mother, just because she had that Chinese face that my mother has. So, it's no surprise that I acted more immature and she's the more matured one though she was younger than me for one year. So, I put my thinking cap on. Well, since it was initially a nature-loving theme and colourful theme, and it was held in Paradise Sandy Beach, I blurted out several names, and then suddenly I just jokingly said, "Maybe how bout A Night in Paradise? hahahah!" I was just joking when I felt it was not a joke anymore when Marce said "Ya kan? Best juga tema tu!" I looked at her with a big eyes. "Serious??" I mean, that theme just came out like a smoke and I never thought that it would be taken seriously.. "Ya..." She nodded. And I told her, "Urm, kita cuma guna tema tu kalau tak dapat fikirkan tema-tema lain yang best-bestlah.." I told that to her in case the theme will not be as attractive as we hoped it to be. But when the theme was finalised in Marce's paperwork for the event and it had a positive feedback from Matthlessa, then it's official. So the theme for CUS Nite 2010 is confirmed as "A Night In Paradise."

The preparation for the party was so much. Credits to Marce as the project manager, I couldn't imagine the hassles she went through in order to prepare for the event. And Juslin too, as the ajk hadiah, credits to her for preparing all those special things to us.. ;)

And not long before the event, Amanda, a sweet bestie of mine posted a necklace that she bought from China to me. Aww, thanks so much, Ada. I wore it to the party. Thanks!!

So on the historical day, 27th March 2010, Matthlessa, Man Lee, Claire and me went to Gotcha to have our hair done and we asked for a make-up service from my friend - Geraldine Tan, to do our make-up for us.

Me, doing my hair.. ;)


Claire's hair being done. She looked gorgeous even before the make-up!


Claire and me after doing our hair.


Man Lee while her make-up is being done..

The bus was literally waiting for us (from 6pm till 6.15 pm or later, OMG) because we took a long time to have our make up done. But in the end, thanks a lot, the bus driver was ok with it, and we made it safely to Cititel.


Esteranza and Claire Marie, the MC for the night.. ;)



Us, checking out ourselves in front of the mirror before the event started. ;)
Credits to Claire for this beautiful photo!



The not so paradisey stage made by the Cititel. Thanks to Claire for this photo..

Claire and Juslin, two pretty ladies.
Thanks to Mary for taking this photo. .

Performance from my seniors.. ahhaha.. XD


The four finalists for CUS Nite's Adam and Eve.. ;)

Claire, Natalia, Marce, me and Man Lee trying to capture this moment of glory.. hahaha.


Marce, me, Arthur, Man Lee and Juslin. Us performing during the performance by CUS excos 2009/2010.


Urm, yeap, still performing, cause the song was long..

The group photo of us.. ;)

Open floor dancing. hahah.. it was fun!

Hopefully the CUS NIte next year will be a blast! ;)

4 comments:

Petite Amanda said...

oh rupa2nya more pictures here.. lol.. all very nice la. :D you so gorgeous that nite! and you're welcome again,Mau.. lol. it's no biggie 1 la actually. im glad you like the necklace. hehe.

Hey hey tell me, the fun part of the prom is the dancing part rite?? looks like you had fun that time.. :D

Mad Maureen said...

Hahah. yeah.. the pics i grabbed from others at facebook and compiled it here.. XD well, it's a make-up miracle, that's why can look gorgeous.. without make-up, i will be plain old Mau Mau.. hahaha.. yeah, the fun part is the open floor dancing part.. and the eating part.. but i didn't get to drink the soup! huhuhuhu.. regret it so much.. i like that party cos it wasn't that formal and we all know each other (90% of the guests kot.. hehe), so no uncomfortable feeling.. heheeh.. XD thanks so much Ada! btw, happy easter!

jeans lusuh said...

hahaha~
aku belom hv to me to update my blog n CUS with latest news. plan to do both after final exam.

Mad Maureen said...

Claire: take your time girl... ;) do it after final cause now everybody is probably focusing on final too... ;) all the best in your exam ya.. hehhe.. i still have two more assignments to go.. huhu..