Thursday, August 27, 2009

Finding the Ending of A Neverending Story..

I love writing stories, I love coming up with ideas for new stories, and when I started to jot them down to become black and white, that's when my passion dies. When I think that I could not really find the appropriate words to describe the story that I am going to present, or find the best ending to a story that I started writing, I lost my patience and passion, thus burning to ashes my story goes. I started to write my story halfway through, and then I stopped; why, you may ask? The answer is because my story usually become more and more loso than it was supposed to be.

I am positive this phenomenon occurred due to my lack of vocabularies and general knowledge. My lecturer prefers a story with the touch of reality while I am someone who's too engrossed in my own Wonderland and forgot about the reality. Thus, people could not relate to my story. Mr Ahmad Sofwan (bukan nama sebenar) asked us, the students in LHP453, Creative Writing Class, to hand in our story draft next week. I came up with ideas but I could barely choose. It's because I doubt my poor writing skills could bring out the best of the ideas, thus turning the ideas into trash.

I was thinking of writing a flashback story since I always have trouble with finding the appropriate ending of a story, so since flashback started with an ending, it could probably be the best solution for my situation right now. Hmmm *thinking mode*.. Okay, maybe I try to do flashback.

There are two stories which can use flashback as a start, which I name as Story 1 and Story 2 since I haven't give a title to either of the story.

Story 1
This is a story about a successful career woman in her early thirties who was invited to attend her high school reunion. Her high school life left her with a lot of memories, sweet and bitter. When she arrived at the school hall where the reunion was held, pieces of her past haunted her back.

Story 2
This is a story about a transexual (guy turned into a woman) who went to confession in a church. He was really sorry with his action of changing his gender and he started counselling with the priest. Little did he know that the priest at the other side of the confession box was the boy whom he fell in love with during his high school years whom he mentioned in his story to the priest.

Story 1 was a more light story compared to story 2, since for story 2, I have to do research on transexual, and finding the right way to perceive something from a she-male's point of view. For story 1, though it looked easier, it was too general, so how can I write a story by just a rough idea, right?

Hmm, dilemma now. How about I write the story of myself in a dilemma right now and find the solution by sleeping? I think it is easier to find the ending of this particular story: Eg: In the end, Maureen is awake with panda eyes and blurry vision and cursing herself for being overslept.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Story 1 is the normal kind of story. But if you can relate it to your life, it will be interesting.. your experience with the real-life experience can capture the audience's attention (mine especially)

Story 2 - lol ooohh scandalous eh.. interesting too.. that would catch ppl's attention too.. =D

I like both stories lah.. but it depends who are your audience, i think.. hehe..

Mad Maureen said...

Haha.. Yeah. Story 2 probably is so scandalous that I might have a hard time to keep a straight face in front of the lecturer when explaining it. Aiyo, i haven't start to draft it yet, though have to hand in next Friday.. Huhu~~!

step.on.top said...

Mr Ahmad Sofwan (bukan nama sebenar) hahahahhah!!!! aaa mau! ku da blog baru.blog lama juz k clas jpun jak kot.. gulabatubawasinisatu.blogspot.com
blog k ku merapu jak ya

step.on.top said...

eh lupa padah.ku ska story 2!hahahah

Mad Maureen said...

Gula batu:
Mula-mula ku ingat kitak pun address blog ya pake bahasa thai.. rupa-rupanya 'gula batu bawa sini satu'.. hahahaha!!!

hmm, nampaknya terpaksa ku molah research pasal transexual sebab story 2 lebih skandal?? hmm, okla, harap2 En Sofwan (bukan nama sebenar) sikkan fikir aku tok pelik daripada yg sekarang ini.. heheh..

Anonymous said...

pelik x hal. depends on which story that u are more passionate abt. why didn't u ever show me any of ur hasil? i used to show u mine la. having a critique to read ur works is one way to improve urself. besides, mbe can give u inspiration and more ideas. plus, can help with checking grammar too.