Sunday, April 3, 2011

Winning Makes My World Go Round~!

I should had blogged about this long time ago but because I was truly demotivated to blog, I didn't. And now after completing my LHP 456 interview, which happens to be the last of the assessment too (hooray!), I must now thank Nuffnang & Digi angels for giving me a wonderful smartphone, Blackberry Torch 9800, besides letting me enjoy the pleasure of winning something. Not to forget, a lot of credits to my gangsta sista Mel Chua for helping me to take it from the Nuffnang office in KL (imagine all the hassles she had gone through just to find the office and take this phone lol). And  last but not least, there is someone who is more important that I should thank above all.

Maybe I did tell people around me that when I joined this contest, I didn't put in much efforts and didn't think of winning. But in actual, I really wanted to win it, it was just that, as usual, I was not confident in winning it. 

And maybe I did tell that this winning was all based on my luck, without efforts. But it wasn't the whole truth. I forgot to mention something.

Something important which I had taken for granted since I'm too engrossed on deluding myself with the thoughts that I'm lucky. 

It was prayer that I've forgotten to mention when I won this. I prayed. Almost everyday when I had my 3 pm Divine Mercy prayer, I prayed to win this contest.

But I forgot. (-_-")

And actually, during that time, my intention of winning this smart phone was not for myself, but for my mother. I remembered Mama saying that at her age (which is not young anymore, ahem!), she was still using the basic handphone which she took good care of, and me, I already lost two phones with better features than hers. Lol. I felt guilty, and felt bad for her at the same time. I mean, here I am losing phone here and there, while some others in my family members have to take good care of their belongings no matter how old or basic the model is. And at that time, I wanted to win this for Mama  so badly since I already had my Xperia (which I felt guilty too for owning it when the rest of my family including my sister who already worked didn't indulge in smart phones and great gadgets like I do, hmmmph).

  Thus, I prayed Divine Mercy diligently, voicing out intention to win this phone for my mother. I'm not a good daughter, I'm rebellious, I think I'm a black sheep of the family because I always do things against her wishes, and there's nothing other thing I can do for her, except for winning this for her. 

And I was really lucky blessed that my prayer was answered. 

And when I finally knew I won this, it felt surreal. I was happy! I felt that I was the luckiest person on earth! And I was so deluded thinking I was lucky till I forgot that it was due to my diligent prayers that I won this. 

When I was at home that time, I remembered my initial intention to win this phone for Mama and then during one fine afternoon, while I was looking for her white hair a.k.a uban in the living room, I told her this:

Me: Ma, this phone that I won, though I haven't get it, when I finally got it, do you want it?

Mama: Why? (Surprised)

Me: Because actually mama, I promised Jesus that I wanted to win this phone for you, because I know that you think that your phone are not as modern, but lauya hahahhahaa. Anyway, I already have a smart phone, and I think maybe this phone could be great for you so that you can use nice phones like your colleagues since you're the headmistress, should use the better phones than them. :P You already worked for so long, don't kalah with other teachers. Hoho.

Mama: (Smiling maybe amused at my sudden intention which is not always, you know ahaha) Aiya, not need la. I don't know how to use canggih-canggih things. You use that phone yourself la. I already have a phone.

Me: Really??

Mama: Really. I already have this phone. I don't need and I don't know how to use that kind of phone.
Me: Okay, like that thank you lo. At least I don't feel so bad since I already got permission from you. That means that I didn't break my promise with Jesus.. *wink2*


So, BB torch 9800 is actually a symbol of God's blessing to me. In everything you do, don't depend on luck, but you depend on God.

So, good luck  God bless, everyone!

5 comments:

Kiki said...

maumau! congratulation again!

tersentuh hati baca ;)


u deserved it maumau!

amanda said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! mau!!! sweet to the max! Y___Y

yes,we should all thank God for all our achievements. Without Him, I believe my achievements are impossible. (My greatest achievement of all is my FIS results) :))

amanda said...

oh and btw, garfield bedsheets? cute!! and looks quite film like also.. :)

Unknown said...

lol, ada. the bedsheet so pudar liao u can still notice.

well, well, well... nice of u to have that kind of intention. but of cos mama won't accept la.. she's just happy that you have that kind of intention. enjoy ur phone la. next time kerja liao baru buy for her as present lo. then she can't say no lo...

Mad Maureen said...

Kiki: Thanks a lot Kiki!! :') I'm glad to hear that.. Syukur3 dpt menang... :) In actual, berat hati nak bagitau mama I pasal intention menang tu (sbb sendiri dh masuk temptation nak guna BB, anak jahat ni hahah) but then I think, I won this maybe because of my initial intention so bagitau kat mak dulu.. Terus dpt restu guna BB hehe. Tq mama!


Ada: Yea, we should thank Him and don't be like me who got carried away and deluded thinking I was the lucky girl. Btw, congratz on your FIS Lab! :D Yea, Garfield bedsheet. lol. Looks nicer when it was new. So pudar liao hahaha..

Mel: Yea, I thought so... After delusional for quite long, then I remembered about my prayer.. A promise to win this for Mama. THen I told Mama about it.. hahaha... So, rasanya I didn't break the promise kan. Nevermind, I will of course buy a really nice phone for her when I dapat kerja. (which is still long years ahead.. huhu)