Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Crossroads Puzzles

  I do not want to be the slave of my job - I want to be the master of my career. 
(part 1)

words of lamehood by lameleftygirl2 (2011)


When I was still a kid, I always knew what I wanted to be. I wanted to be an artist, writer, movie director, comic book artist, etc. I had so many ambitions. Sometimes, I would have temporary ambitions such as dreaming of becoming an actress (lol this dream was due to too much of Bollywood dramas), singer (this one was inspired by American Idol ugh you should've heard me sing XD you would rather vote for William Hung), and also talk show host (inspired by Oprah lol). All of these jobs have something in common, where they are connected to creativity and imagination. I wanted to become all these simply because I like to think and imagine - I like to do something which doesn't have any limitation or restriction. That is why people around me always caught me daydreaming (-_-") I was always in my deep thought... *sigh*
  But now, in my final semester of my final year, I am clueless of  how to be what I wanted to be.  My dreams stayed with me, but to make it into a reality was still a mystery to me. Among my dream jobs, the one job which is closest to reality and is more available here in Malaysia would most probably is a writer.But even this job seemed hard to find at the moment. I mean to become a journalist, you cannot simply go for an interview and tell your potential future employer that writing is your hobby, that is why you like it so much, but instead, you have to prove it by at least having some reputation in writing - articles, blog, etc. 

  So instead of looking for a serious job after the coming graduation, I changed my plan to applying of postgraduate studies. It was by chance that Hawa told me about this Master studies application and voila, now I kinda sure that I want to continue with master degree. I even called my mama and told her about it, and she was more than happy to hear about this.  I mean, though she wanted me to go back after my final exam so much, she was happy to know that finally I wanted to choose this path as she thought that pursuing a Master degree will ensure better future. If I do not continue with Master, she preferred that I work at home than working here in Penang.

 At the moment, I am thinking of continuing with Master, but since the new semester starts  four months after the final exam, I have four months to figure it out first. Oh help me please!


To be a master of my career, I have to ensure my eligibility. Thus, I have to continue with my studies, eh? (part 2)

words of lamehood by lameleftygirl2 (2011)

5 comments:

MyBeautifulMess said...

wow...me too....wanna do master tapi eligible tau tidak ni I x know....huhuhu mau I support u obviously :)

Mad Maureen said...

thanks for the support Bebeth..

I think i will continue with mixed-mode.. actually i was thinking of pursuing Master in literature studies, but then, the literature in mixed-mode is not in English, i suppose. so i have to take the Masters in Linguistic studies, which is not much of my passion.. huhu

MyBeautifulMess said...

eh ? care to tell about thhe regulations and stuff ? :)

Amanda said...

finally i can comment on ur blog. oh my gosh ive been so busy lately it's not funny!! 3rd year is super hard.. the dreaming part is sth we both have in common.. i find it hard to concentrate in class cos i daydream too much :( sien to the max. hey u got any tips so as to not daydream in class?? haihz i dono why my mind is like flying to elsewhere when im actually supposed to be studying. aish anyways i disgress. lol. i should be talking to you about you continue with Masters.

honestly i dont think it's such a bad idea.. it would be a good thing for your career cos like more high quality like that? not that im judging that having a degree is useless la. but well, u know what i mean right? then it'll be good for your income area. lol $$$ babe! :P

then u also have to consider other things like can you do it or not which i absolutely 100% you can do it! so :) u know what i say to this. go ahead! you should do it! :D

Mad Maureen said...

Bebeth: wow, sorry for the late reply. The regulation and stuff, first have to go to post office buy RM10 wang pos, then go to IPS buy the borang..

After that, then u have to find two lecturers as your referees.. :) Then after that you have to submit your form together will all the related certs.

But if you're thinking of research mode, it will be a different case altogether. :)

Ada: yea, i wish i have a good remedy to dreaming in class case lol.. XD Perhaps one is this. Get enough sleep the day before, then try to participate actively in the class (which I didn't do lol).. If the lecturer asked a question, try to be the one who answer it. Then you won't daydreaming cause your brain will concentrate...

Thanks for the support yea, Ada.. hehe.. ;) I really, really appreciate it.. ;)