Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Moments That Made Me Wish I Were a Zillionaire..

[Interframe part 1: I typed this post during the 4th of May, when I was still at Penang airport, and only published it today when I finally can connect to the internet. So, just change the present tense to past tense.]

[Interframe part 2: This post was written during an unstable mental condition, please bear with me..] :"



Yes, a zillionaire, not a millionaire or a billionaire, but straight to zillionaire. If there’s something like infinitaire, I would go for that instead. Why? If I were a zillionaire, these stupid #$%(#@$*^# (too indescribable until no foul words can describe it) things won’t happen. There were a lot of unfortunate events where during that moment I experienced it, I wished I were a zillionaire so that these problems that occurred could be solved easily or that it won’t happen in the first place if I were a zillionaire.


Yeah, since I am at the Penang Airport and I am being too free and idle for the moment, I can list out most of the unfortunate events that occurred in my life since I was a small girl. Yeah, since the day I know how hard it is to earn money and how money can make your life easier in this materialistic world, that was the time I knew how to wish to be a rich person so that these money-related problems would not occur or can be solved easily and from that time onwards, I stopped wishing to be a Disney princess or any mock-reality characters.

1) The year was 1998. I was 10 years old. My parents and I were at the company (door-making company) to pay the bill of the doors for our new home. Yes, my parents bought a new house at Jalan Permai (which is my current home now), and there were lots of bills to pay (eg: lighting bill, plaster ceiling bill, tiles bill, etc, etc). I accompanied both my parents to pay for the doors’ bill that time. My father, my mom and I were wearing our most selamba shirts there. The t-shirt I wore was old and had a small hole, my mom were wearing her old shirt, though my father’s shirt were an improvement compared to me and my mom’s shirt, it was not smart and looked old too.


So, the (secretary/receptionist/cashier maybe? Oh whatever, her role isn’t that important, except that she’s the semi-villain here) at the company handed my father the bill needed to be paid by my father. My father was quite surprised because the amount of the bill was RM70 more than the amount that he and the company’s boss negotiated earlier. So he asked the secretary/receptionist/cashier/whatever~ (rolls eyes) why the amount was RM70 more than the amount that he and the boss negotiated earlier, the (whatever) woman said “Oh, the price of the doors have gone up RM10 each. So, since you bought 7 doors, you have to pay RM70 more.” That was a perfect ‘what the crap/heck’ moment but since that time I was innocent (ahem), I just remained silent. My father pleaded to the (whatever) woman so that she would not count the RM70 in since he and the company’s boss had negotiated earlier about the price, but alas, the woman was just a whatever woman, so she had no authority. My father asked permission to speak to the boss, and the (whatever) woman handed my father the phone, so he spoke quite a long time with the boss, pleading. The (whatever) woman interrupted when my father was on the phone with the boss and gave a dissatisfied look (this was the time she began to become the semi-villain).


Then, there was this guy, the whatever woman’s colleague who looked about late 30s or even mid 40s, came and asked the woman “What’s up” and the woman said “These people lor, ” referring to us. And she interrupted my father’s conversation by saying “RM70 only mah, need to make a big deal like this ka?” She gave a dissatisfied look because my father finally convinced the company’s boss to stick with the earlier price. Then the guy (whatever woman’s colleague) eyed us and that moment I wished that me and my family were not wearing crappy old shirts and wore something nicer instead. He gave us a ‘I am better than thou look’, where he looked as us as if we were disgusting creatures, as if we were not worth some respects, as if we did not have any dignity with us. And that moment, I wished that I were someone rich, a zillionaire, so that I would care less if there were RM70 or even RM 700 or RM7000 additional charge, I could just hand them the money or the cheque or whatever things which equals with money, and buy our dignity back.


2) The year was 1999. I started hitching a ride to school. I had to wake up early because it’s not nice to keep other people waiting for you, and when we were on the journey to school, we had to squeeze with other students inside the car. That time, I wished I was a zillionaire so that I could buy a bigger vehicle for the aunty so that we would not squeeze that much.

3) The year was 2004. My parents and I went to KL to round-round. I saw many nice clothes and many nice things. We stayed in Imperial Hotel (there are cockroaches in that hotel, fyi) and the four of us (my father, my mother, my sister and I ) shared a room. It was hard for us to get cheap transportations, so we had to squeeze in the LRT and monorail. Since I was a blur girl, I got lectured most of the time by my eldest sister on how to be alert when using LRT, and how to buy something at the cheaper price. The usual saying would be “We are not rich people, you know?” Rich people, I think. So overrated. They aren’t that great, but that was in my eyes only, at least. That moment, I wish I were a zillionaire so that I my mistakes concerning financial things could be easily forgotten and my family and I could stay at a more comfortable hotel and booked two rooms instead of one.

4) The beginning of the year 2006. I was learning driving. I was a slow learner in driving, so I always cause my driving instructor to be mad at me. He said that teaching me was kind of a wasteful to him since he only charged me RM450 to learn for a long duration. Yes, I was aware that teaching me was cost-effective. (Tell me something I don’t know~) And I cursed, scolded, and cried myself everytime after going back from driving practice because it was hurtful to know that you are not good at something even though you tried hard. I wished I was a zillionaire that time so that I could pay my instructor big money and shut him up, and buy a car for myself to practice.

5) The date was 8 October 2008. I lost my first handphone (Mr Sony the 1st) and wallet (Milk Teddy brand) in front of the library. No IC, no ATM cards, no handphone, nothing. I felt so lost. If I were a zillionaire, wouldn’t this thing be solved easier? I could buy a new handphone (though not as memorable as MR Sony the 1st because of the sentimental value)

and made my life easier instead of trying to find which #@$%^ dishonest culprit who took my handphone.

6) The date is right now! I wish I am a zillionaire right now!! The zillion dollar reason is because I am stuck in the airport with my sister because we missed our 6.45 am flight for MAS airline (yes!! MAS airline!! That’s why I am freaking mad now because by using MAS airline instead of Air Asia, it’s more convenient and need not to worry about the luggage like when using Air Asia) and now we had to buy another air tickets (from Air Asia, ya know!!) just to go home because the MAS airline tickets that were sold at the ticket counter were freaking expensive (cost RM800++ perperson).


So, so, arrgh, my feelings are indescribable right now. Freaking Mad, huh~!! We missed our flight because the person in charge to send us to the airport had a car breakdown and we arrived at the airport at 6.40 am. What a heartbreaking moment when the person at the counter said that we were late, and the gate could not be opened because we were LATE, and added that even the gabenor would not be allowed to go in for being LATE, and moreover, our air tickets were in the low price category, and could not be refunded. How unfortunate could two eager-to-go-home girls be? Now we have to become the terminal girls at the moment to wait for our next flight at 5 pm. And crapz, the McDonald here did not provide us with wireless network password because err, they don’t have it, they say. I wished I were a zillionaire this very moment so that I could launch wireless network so that I could online here, or better, so that I could buy my own jet plane and depart whenever I want to. Because there is no a vocabulary named LATE in private jet plane dictionary.


To be a zillion percent honest, there were zillions of times already I wished I were a zillionaire. Maybe 24 hours perday? But those moments were not as significant, so they were not mentioned.



[Interframe part 3: Slumdog Millionaire is the only movie that I could relate to right now…. ]

[Interframe part 4: I am glad I am not born a zillionaire, so that I could not take for granted anything I have now. But isn’t it good if I could make my own zillion and these problems won't occur at the first place?]


[Interframe part 5: I am glad there's some blessings that I received despite missing the flight last Sunday. I get to meet my besties at Kuching.. This blessed happening made my day!! Miss ya guys!! I'm gonna put our pics here once my sister transferred the pic to her lappy.. ;)]


8 comments:

Hawa said...

wow..xsangka ktk blh mlah list cmya..tambah gik pasal tlepas flight ya..kmk agak faham la pa yg ktk rasa cz tauk nk,kmk prnh juak cmya..but dont ever blame me cz tok bkn penyakit bjangkit..hehehe
sabar jak la..(^^,)

Mad Maureen said...

Hawa: Hahaha.. eh, sik terfikir, tetapi tiba-tiba ktk bagi idea mok diblame.. hahaha. ya, senasiblah kitak dua tok.. Hehehe.. Mungkin ada hikmah di sebalik insiden kedak tok.. Ya, huhu~ have to be patientlah nampaknya.. ;)

Anonymous said...

oh boy ur not alone here. I had the same thing on the hitching a ride to school during my younger days at school. I had afternoon classes during my early high skul days but i had no transport so I had to wake up at 6stg every weekdays to get ready and my dad would send me to my friend's house where I'll stay there till it's time to go to skul with my friend. my fren's hse is near the skul. it was awful coz waking up at 6stg in the morning everyday and only going back home after skul which was like 6pm was really tiring...

Mad Maureen said...

Miss Confession: Wow, you really are tough, girl~ (Salute)... 6 am to 6 pm schedule... 12 hours of restless moments.. Glad that you could finally made it.. It was an achievement if we look from a point of view.. All those hardships, though it was a daily schedule, it really form us into someone tougher and more tolerance.. And it made us not to take for granted what we have now.. (though i always take for granted most of my comforts at the moment when I'm back home..) thanks for sharing.. :)

Petite Amanda said...

wow.. sounds like a really bad day.. Oh no.. u missed the early morn flight huh?? so that's what happened... T_______T I understand the feeling.. so sakit hati if ur money like hilang like that..

Urm mau ah.. i don reli get the interframe part. wat does it mean? is it sth like, 'on the bright side' sort of note? (im v blur eh. need more explaination.. )

Mad Maureen said...

Amanda: Oh, it's been a long time since I last online, huhu~ sorry to reply your comment late.. :" Ya, missed the flight. Extremely sakit hati because we were early, but finally it was the other factor which caused us to be late for the flight..

Lol.. Yeah, i guess the interframe confused people, not only you, so it was due to my fault, and you're not blur at all.. the interframe part is just to represent my additional thoughts while publishing the post, not while i am in the circumstance, so that's why i put it as the interframe and not included in the contents of the post. It can either be relevant or not relevant to the post being published. Yeah, the one you said about on the brighter side is kinda a part of the interframe, because my additional thoughts are general and can include a lot of things. thanks for asking me about it..It gives me a chance to explain about it.. ;)

Andy Darrel Gomes said...

hey,
it's me again...
i remember that u previously asked for kahoe's blog address.
well, here it is.
theemostory.blogspot.com

nice having you around
take care=)

Mad Maureen said...

Andy Gomes: hey, nice to have you around too.. wow, thanks... ok, i will check out his blog.. thanks again and take care ya.. ;)