Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mission In-Possible?

Is it possible for me to improve my English grammar, widen my vocabularies, construct correct and better sentence structures and upgrade my writing skills (particularly the way I arrange the events in my story) in just one and a half day for this upcoming Friday 1 hour exam?


Is it even possible for me to finish a story in just one hour?


I mean a free-of-grammatical-error story?


I’m doubtful.


So that was why I resorted to reading some good writings from The Star columnists – which I should have done a couple of weeks ago when my Creative Writing lecturer first mentioned about it to us.


You can try to read them too – if you want to improve your writings and also for mere reading pleasure. The articles are eye-opening, entertaining and educational - a whole package of a good writing. Compared to most educational articles in newspapers which are usually too lengthy (not that I read that much of a newspaper), the columns here are not that cramped with too much information. The information here are easier to be absorbed because of their chronological order of the information. And the writing style especially, was the trick.



I especially favour Mary Schneider's and also Alexandra Wong's columns for the sole reason that I only get to read their sections, and not to forget Marina Mahathir's musings - where I read one of her writings about the education system in Malaysia.


So, what are you waiting for? Check them out yo~!


I guess I gotta go.

(Spelling error: gotta = got to)



*Back to reading mode*



No comments: