Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dear 208 binti Harapan 25

Dear 208,

I am leaving you tomorrow. I have lived with you for one semester. And you are really a warm haven for me. I'm sorry for filling you up with rubbish. Or junks. Whatever you call it. But for me they are treasures. Treasures I've been keeping since my first year. And now bit by bit, I am throwing them away. Because I realized, that without these 'treasures' I can still lived. Ugh, and I digressed.

When I first heard your name at the registration office, I felt that you are kinda familiar. No wonder. You were my senior's (Matthlessa) haven too. And I began to know you more when I started to live with you and in you.

It's tough at first. Whenever it's time to sleep, I could hear guys screaming insanely from the opposite, where your mother's twin brother, Harapan 26, stood. I know, as one of the approximately 300 children of Harapan 25, you have no say in this matter. You are usually gentle, and tolerate towards Uncle Harapan 26. Thank God too I am an easy sleeper. I could fall asleep easily, anywhere, anytime, regardless of how many noises and distractions there are.

At first, I treated you with care. Biasalah kan, kalau baru berkenalan, memang layan sehabis baik. Then, when I am getting busier and lazier, I began to neglect you. And bring more junks that may harm your health, 208. I am truly sorry 208. I never realized that too many junks can be harmful to you too, though you're not human.

Then, I began to complain about your mouth. Sometimes, it's hard to shut your mouth. I had to pull hard to make your lips closed together. And that made me pissed-off cause I thought it's easy to open and shut your mouth when I have the keys. But still, it's not guaranteed.

You've been so kind to me 208, but still, that doesn't mean I've forgotten about your half sister, 339. Though 339 is not as reachable as you are, the atmosphere is quieter when sleeping, where I faced the lake of Harapan instead.

And now, last but not least, I want to thank you, 208. And a deep apology for what you are experiencing now. I'm causing you to be dusty and messy now. I hope you don't mind 208. After tomorrow, perhaps you will new faces, whom I am unsure whether she will treat you nicer than I do.. Take care dear.



Regards,

Maureen

No comments: