Sunday, May 20, 2012

Today I feel like throwing everything away~

Cause it could be liberating! Especially today - to signify the first time in the semester where I feel that I am not tied up by assignments - albeit there's one more assignment to go - which will due on 5th June but let's just ignore it for now.

But I just can't. Throwing things is not in my nature. Even deleting old messages or e-mail needed a long contemplating from me. Yeah call me weird. On second thought, no, please don't call me weird. This is just me for being a hoarder. Or a compulsive one - I might add.

I do not know how many notifications or messages are spamming my yahoo inbox right now but the good thing is that they kept my e-mail active. Right now I am deleting some songs from my Blackberry to make space for new songs that I just downloaded yesterday. It's an improvement, I know. I even initiated to delete some of the old pictures from it - especially some random photos that I took just to post them up in Twitter - which was also the reason why I dared to delete them cause I know I can always have them back in Twitter account *winks*.

But really - I wonder how many people out there have the same issue like I do - reluctance to throw their things away. I guess I made a mistake of putting sentimental value on almost everything I own. Like, if I buy a red pen, instead of being just a red pen, I described it as 'first red pen that I bought for the semester in Tesco'. I gave my things identity - which made them harder to let go. Sad and freakish right? I even kept my receipts instead of throwing them away with the 'good reason' of using them to calculate my weekly spending - which I barely do - thanks to the accumulating assignments that I had.

But today - I just want to try throwing some things away. My things. Any useless thing which used to be important to me. Just to have that feeling of letting go. And to give space to new things that I may need and more practical for my life right now.

The question is, which thing is it?

Hoarder in dilemma,

yours truly.


3 comments:

Joe Jr. said...

same here.. mo kasi bersih bilik b4 balik.. certain things will be thrown away.. but i dunno yg mna.. hahah

Joe Jr. said...

same here.. mo kasi bersih bilik b4 balik.. certain things will be thrown away.. but i dunno yg mna.. hahah

Mad Maureen said...

buang semua seluar dalam lol! kasi ringan sikit luggage bah. :P btw, have fun going back yea!